Tuesday 1 December 2009

Hark the herald angels sing....

tra laa laa la la la la...oh yeah Christmas has arrived in Katy's house, tree is up, plans are set for christmas day...no rushing around for me this year and i cant wait !

So here is a little ATC i made for a P.I.F on Docrafts forum, almost certain my swap partner is not a blogger so it's safe to share. This little PaperArtsy angel is perfect size for an ATC, so sweet :) I layered the background with text and tissue paper, coated with gesso and various acrylics and inks, a Cosmo Cricket rub on and hand wrote around her 'Hark the herald angels sing...' finishing with a coat of Ranger Rock candy crackle glaze.



Next i'd like to thank Kate for the beautiful journal i recieved last week after winning her blog candy, it truely is stunning and a great source of inspiration for me.....shall share a pic when i can :)

Ok so at last here's the winner of the lurvely cut out sheet giveaway, thanks to the folks who entered and apologies for having to wait forever, lol............................................................................LAURA it's your's hun, shall pop it in the post tomorrow if you could email me your addy.

Next are some random pics....

thats right...am knitting a chunky scarf to keep me warm on the way to work....blimey it was FREEZING brass monkeys this morning !

Here are some purchases from last weeks trip to the Trafford Centre in Manchester...of all the delightful shops there where did my little crafty radar lead me to ?????? I LOVE John Lewis dept store, they have the most gorgeous goodies..heaps of ribbons, divine buttons and lots of pretty things :)

this little 3x3 mini note book was a bargain i think... £2 and will make a nice stocking filler, decorated of course.

was hugely excited to find Moleskin journals in there too...tis my first, the paper inside is beautiful and perfect to draw/paint on.


Well i just couldn't resist this case for my prismas...


a random pic from next years calendar...


Pretty, pretty Harvey Nicks window :)

And last but not least....this is a must see Chrimbo film,i honestly thought because i was so familiar with the story...i mean who isn't...that i wouldn't enjoy it as much but Jim Carrey is genius.... watched it in 3D...FABULOUS....although beware if you get motion sickness..the flying scenes in 3D feel like you're actually flying too !



Ooops forgot to say if ya like the weird and wonderful Stamptique stamps then have a looksie here.... Craft Emporium is tops !

3 comments:

  1. ooh your swap partner is gonna love that ATC - it's truly stunning, looks like you had a fab shopping trip, my turn this weekend, off to see dd at Uni, so a days shopping in Liverpool is in order, I think I'll have to check out John Lewis for that fab journal !!
    Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my lovely, WooHoo i won i won i won :) how excited am i :) this ATC is fab, i actually have this stamp and not used it yet, think ill have to ink this little baby up soon hehehehehe love the goodies the pencil case is FAB and your vey own moleskin :) im jealous !!!!! i work in a building opposite john lewis and i can tell you its very dangrous i over look the habberdashery department from my window ekkkk hehehehehe off to email you now ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello hello Katy! Ohhh totally gorgeous ATC fabby details and love the image and your handwriting! Thanks for sharing all your photos, looks like you had a good day shopping! I must see that film too, although it doesn't have the same appeal dubbed into French (strange when you know it's Jim Carey but not his voice)! Have a lovely weekend, I just might get round to putting my tree up!
    Lots a hugs, Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete